To help ensure everyone has the best experience possible please honor the following guidelines in your dealings with the studio. For more info on the studio check out our About us page or our Core Values.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early for your first class to complete registration forms and get the low down on the studio.
- You can sign up and pay online for your first class if you want to be really proactive.
- Always arrive 10-15 minutes early for class. Our doors lock when class begins.
- Wear loose and comfy clothing.
- Stay hydrated. Water is available in the studio, but please bring your own refillable bottle.
- Bring a mat and maybe a towel. Don’t have a mat? Rentals are available for just $1 each and we also have them for sale.
- We have secure cubbies available for storing your personal belongings during class.
- Please mute cell phones and refrain from using them while in the studio and boutique.
- Please be clean of body and perfumes when visiting or practicing our studio.
- Wear tennis shoes if you are attending a Spin class.
- New to SDYBF? We have pricing, classes, and workshops just for you.
- Bun in the oven or new momma? We have pre and post classes & prenatal massage just for you.
All purchases made in our studio including yoga class passes, yoga memberships, massage sessions, and workshop sessions are NON-REFUNDABLE and series expiration dates are firm.
- Dress In Layers! Our studio has high ceilings and beautiful windows which sometimes makes it difficult for us to control the temperature. We recommend you dress in layers so you can adjust accordingly.
- Workshop Cancellations: Workshop reservations may be canceled online, or by calling 805-546-9100 at least 24 hours in advance to receive studio credit for the full value of the workshop. Cancellations with less than 24 hour notice forfeit all credits/fees. Studio credits can be applied to future workshops or other studio purchases.
- Minimum Registrations: We require a minimum of 3 registrants for a workshop or series class to be held. If this workshops gets cancelled due to low registrants, we'll be in touch 24 hours in advance to let you know. This is not common, but a possibility you should keep in mind.
- Can't Attend a Session? If you cannot attend one session of a many day workshop, let us know in advance and we can offer one make-up / drop-in where you can attend a regular class at the studio in exchange for your missed session during the active workshop dates. We do not offer make-ups more than once or if you don't let us know in advance.
- Confirm Payment: We must have payment for workshop registrations at least one week before the workshop or we will release your spot. You can make purchases for the studio by calling, stopping by, or registering and paying for workshops through our website.
- Multiple Attendees: Did you register more than one person for this workshop online? Then you should receive a copy of this message for each attendee. If you only received one enrollment confirmation e-mail you should contact us to confirm your additional registrant. Purchasing two passes isn't the same as registering two attendees and we want to ensure we have space for you.
- No Show: We close the doors for our workshops 5 minutes before they begin. You will be considered a "no show" if you aren't present at that time and we may release your spot to another walk-in client unless you let us know in advance you might be late.
Appointment Policies (Massage & Private Yoga)
- We require a credit card on file for all appointments.
- First timers, please arrive at least 5-10 minutes before your first visit to allow for new client paperwork.
- Late arrivers, your appointment time will not go over if you show up late. If for some reason your instructor / therapist is late, we will either adjust the price of your session or spend more time if your schedule permits.
- For all appointments we request at least 24 hours cancellation notice. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a cancellation fee of $20. If you don't call and don't show up for an appointment you will be charged the full fee. You may cancel in our online schedule, by calling our front desk, or via e-mail.
- If you are dealing with a cold or the flu (or anything that might be contagious) we kindly request that you consider re-booking your session to prevent spreading the sickness to our staff. We reserve the right to refuse service to ensure a healthy and safe experience for you and our team. We might also rebook a session if we fear we are contagious.
- If you are pregnant, we offer prenatal massage especially for you and our therapist took special training to be able to meet your unique needs. Our standard swedish massage packages cannot be used towards prenatal massage in light of this. Please let us know in advance if you have a high or low risk pregnancy. Unfortunately, we cannot offer prenatal massage in the case of a high risk pregnancy.
Retail Purchase Policy
Final sale on all sale merchandise, books, & body care products. Store credit only on unused, unworn merchandise within 60 days of purchase.”
Kids in Yoga
We do not allow those under the age of 16 into our yoga classes without written consent from the parent and approval from the teacher in advance.