Yoga Teacher Training at Smiling Dog Yoga
Our Yoga Teacher Training program has been restructured for the new year! We’ve spent lots of time researching the curriculum that connects with our studio and with the future of SDY. This year, lead instructor Sera Melini, will guide you through a one-of-a-kind Ayurvedic Hatha Vinyasa training program to give you the deepest possible understanding of yoga as both a practitioner, and an instructor. Ready to get started? While you wait for the program to begin, here are some things you can do:
Participate in classes and inform your instructor of your desire to be educated on the practice you are experiencing in class
- Sign up online or in person at your convenience
Need some more information before taking the plunge? Make sure our owners Andres and Stephanie Moran know of your interest, communicate with our Studio Director, Chandra Hardester, or let our front desk know. We will be sure to contact you in order to answer any questions you may have. Choosing the right program for your needs is essential to your success as a Yoga Instructor, and we are here to help guide you down the right path.
For those interested in following the teacher certification track…
Understand and develop yoga sequences with themes and peak postures
- Learn how to adjust postures for better alignment and safety.
- Learn about the body and anatomy of movement
Learn how to teach clearly and specifically, using proven strategies and language
Practice teaching with feedback from your teachers and peers
Written final exam, private evaluation and feedback at the end of the training
Get certified to teach by Yoga Alliance
- Get the opportunity to practice teach community classes during the training with feedback
- Get the opportunity to interview & audition to join our instructor team afterwards. We are looking for talented new teachers!